Where can I buy Maniototo Wool?
In general we are unable to wholesale the yarns as they are all boutique produced and hand dyed. The process is very intensive, and our time inputs are huge. However there are a few options available to buyers:
- Buy direct from the producer via this website or contact us for any custom orders.
- By arrangement from Hannah’s studio in Invercargill. Contact us to make an appointment to come and see and squish!
- Wool on Wheels carries a selection of our yarns – check out www.woolonwheels.nz for details of Julie’s next pop up event.
- Country Rumours Cooperative shop in Geraldine, South Canterbury is open 7 days a week. A good selection of yarns is available there and there may be some shop specials… You will find a good selection of colours available. Do call in if you are passing through to or from Queenstown and Mt Cook.
- Buyers in Canada can purchase some of the yarns from Julie Levi at www.yumyarn.com. Julie buys dyed yarn in bulk and winds it into cakes or skeins. She is also dyeing some of the yarn herself.
- The Oamaru Textile Emporium has a selection of Maniototo Wool Yarns. Doe Arnot is a wonderful dyer and weaver, and a lover of our woolen spun yarns in particular. She buys yarn in bulk and adds her own magic to them. Some are sold with our label and others with Doe’s own label.
- We supply bulk yarn to a select number of experienced dyers who love our merino-cross wool. They usually market it under their own labels.